The forward had said he was not going to play this season, but on Tuesday he confirmed that he will be in the tournament that begins on July 30 in Orlando.
Dwight Howard confirmed on Tuesday that he will play for the Lakers when the season of NBA to resume later this month in Orlando and with the participation of 22 quintets. Although it was said that the forward was not going to be, the same athlete put those rumors aside and reiterated that it will be ready on July 30.
“I will join my team. I have been working for that and I hope to be ready, ”said the basketball player and interview with CNN. He also added: “I have a contractual obligation with my teammates, my fans, the Lakers and the organization, but at the same time, with my family and my community.”
Recall that last month, Howard said that the NBA’s return was just a distraction to cover up the fight against social injustice and racism that has skyrocketed after the death of George Floyd a few months ago.
Photo: Getty Images