There’s a new bantamweight monarch in UFC, after this Saturday’s victory Petr Yan by technical knockout on José Aldo It will leave the Russian on top. During the fifth round, with a string of countless punches, he kept the belt. Thus, the Brazilian left in what could be his last chance to obtain a scepter. After Henry Cejudo retired, the expected award was clamoring for a new monarch, the one who ended up being left in deserved hands.
Finally, the 27-year-old was the boss in the octagon and left with his fist raised in Abu Dhabi. During the first rounds, the rhythm of the fight was set by the Brazilian; who began to throw jabs, while the Russian responded with kicks in the legs. Aldo it brought a bestial rhythm and with good cadence; However, it was felt that at any time the age could charge you. His physical condition fell apart, so Yan He took advantage and ended with the illusion of the South American.
Petr He knew how to counter his opponent from the fourth round, the consistency that he had been losing little by little was regaining it and finally dominated the Brazilian as he wanted in the final minutes of the contest. To a large extent, due to the fatigue that began to affect the carioca. In this way, after three very good first rounds, the Russian-born took a big blow to the abdomen of Joseph, throwing it directly to the canvas. This, key to the resolution of the fight.
Aldo the previous episode had ended very tired and it seemed that he was passing by leaving everything to the cards. However, the fight that had taken place in the center of the field during the greatest number of minutes, had an impeccable turn and began to take shape for what was to come. Later it was fists and hammers in a real butcher shop. The veteran did not respond and in the middle of the bloodbath, the referee stopped the duel, although he could do it before. The bell rang and victory went to Petr Yan, who already takes the place of Cejudo.
- Welterweight: Kamaru Usman defeated Jorge Masvidal and retained the welterweight title.
- Featherweight: Alexander Volkanovski defeated Max Holloway and retained the featherweight title.
- Bantamweight: Petr Yan defeated José Aldo by technical knockout and won the bantamweight title.
- Women’s Straw Weight: Rose Namajunas defeated Jessica Andrade by split decision.
- Female Flyweight: Amanda Ribas defeated Paige VanZant by submission.
- Light Heavyweight: Jiří Procházka defeated Volkan Oezdemir by knockout.
- Welterweight: Muslim Salikhov defeated Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos by split decision.
- Featherweight: Danny Henry defeated Makwan Amirkhani by submission.
- Lightweight: Leonardo Santos defeated Roman Bogatov by unanimous decision.
- Heavyweight: Marcin Tybura defeated Maxim Grishin by unanimous decision.
- Flyweight: Raulian Paiva defeated Zhalgas Zhumagulov by unanimous decision.
- Women’s Bantamweight: Karol Rosa defeated Vanessa Melo by unanimous decision.
- Bantamweight: Davey Grant defeated Martin Day by knockout by unanimous decision.