In the second fight of the Main Card of the UFC 251, Jessica Andrade and Rose Namajunas, former 115-pound champions, put on a true striking show on the priavada island of Yas. In one of the most even-numbered confrontations of the evening, sparks were fired and virtual viewers were left unable to blink. Considering it was one of the most anticipated rematches, it was known that it could be one of the best of the day in Abu Dhabi.
This rematch took place mostly like that first fight, where the Brazilian was seen throwing her best punches and Namajunas coming out almost unscathed from all exchanges. In the third, however, it was when ‘Bate Estaca’ enjoyed her best moments by connecting more clearly to number two in the ranking. Thus, only with two fists that entered, they managed to mark in an enormous way the face of Rose. Anyway, that didn’t put aside the huge fight he had made.
– ufcespanol (@UFCEspanol) July 12, 2020
With a compelling third round of Andrade, the contest reached the distance of what the judges decide. Defining themselves on their cards, Namajunas She ended up being declared the winner by a divided decision, although, in view of everyone on the screens, she was clearly the winner for her best shots. For Rose, who did not compete since precisely losing his belt to Jessica At UFC 232, in mid-2019, it was a very emotional victory.
The 28-year-old Strawweight has won four of the last five fights he has fought, so he intends to compete again for the belt. There is no doubt that with that level you can face whoever you want, which you will surely aim for. On the other hand, for the native of Paraná, this is her second loss in a row in the UFC, after being dethroned by the reigning champion, Weili Zhang, that was at the UFC Fight Night Shenzhen, where she ran out of the title and now seems far away.
🌹 The HITS of Rose Namajunas 💥
– DAZN Spain (@DAZN_ES) July 12, 2020
- Welterweight: Kamaru Usman defeated Jorge Masvidal and retained the welterweight title.
- Featherweight: Alexander Volkanovski defeated Max Holloway and retained the featherweight title.
- Bantamweight: Petr Yan defeated José Aldo by technical knockout and won the bantamweight title.
- Women’s Straw Weight: Rose Namajunas defeated Jessica Andrade by split decision.
- Female Flyweight: Amanda Ribas defeated Paige VanZant by submission.
- Light Heavyweight: Jiří Procházka defeated Volkan Oezdemir by knockout.
- Welterweight: Muslim Salikhov defeated Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos by split decision.
- Featherweight: Danny Henry defeated Makwan Amirkhani by submission.
- Lightweight: Leonardo Santos defeated Roman Bogatov by unanimous decision.
- Heavyweight: Marcin Tybura defeated Maxim Grishin by unanimous decision.
- Flyweight: Raulian Paiva defeated Zhalgas Zhumagulov by unanimous decision.
- Women’s Bantamweight: Karol Rosa defeated Vanessa Melo by unanimous decision.
- Bantamweight: Davey Grant defeated Martin Day by knockout by unanimous decision.