The public will not be able to be present at the tournaments, at least until the beginning of the next course, in September.
He PGA Tour officially announced that it will not allow the presence of spectators in the events that will take place in the remainder of the current season, due to the coronavirus crisis
“As we have said from the beginning, our number one priority remains the health and safety of everyone in the communities where we are invited every week,” said PGA Tour tournament and competition chief Andy Pazder.
The remaining tournaments on the 2019-20 PGA TOUR schedule will be played without spectators on site. https://t.co/f2u1wmr08O
– PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) July 13, 2020
This week’s Ohio Memorial Tournament in Ohio, which will involve Tiger Woods, was supposed to be the first event with spectators present, but those plans were scrapped earlier this month. Now it will be played behind closed doors, as was the case with the five events that took place since the resumption of the Tour in June.
The US PGA Championship major and the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational are also among the tournaments that will take place without the presence of spectators. As a result of the latest Tour update, no fan will be able to attend events like the Wyndham Championship and the trio of tournaments in the FedExCup playoffs.
The 2020-21 season will begin with the Safeway Open in California on September 10. No decisions were made about the events as of that moment, with the Masters rescheduled and the US Open, which run independently and enter the schedule for next season.
Photo: Getty Images