Physical dexterity, great technique and ability to react Rafael Fiziev It was praised by the public in the networks, after a luxury movement in UFC. The fight was titled the “fight of the night” and earned both participants an unexpected $ 50,000 bonus. The Kyrgyz mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter gave a great show of resilience and reflexes in his victory over the British Marc Diakiese, in the UFC Fight Island 2 event.
Fiziev, 27, stunned onlookers by bending his back to a nearly 90-degree angle to dodge a kick from his opponent. His maneuver was compared to the sequence of the movie ‘Matrix’ in which its protagonist, Neo, similarly evades shooting. Clearly this caught everyone’s attention, plus he was later declared the winner in the best fight. Out of submissions or big knockouts of the night, this was at the top.
However, it is not the first time that Fiziev make that move. In 2017, the Kyrgyz left the fans of the fight speechless by doing it on a ring during a ‘muay thai’ match. This modality is characterized by the use of many types of quick kicks and punches. Back then, Dana White himself, president of the UFC, shared a video of the feat. “The craziest *** I’ve ever seen,” was what the president wrote.
This is the craziest shit I have ever seen !!!!! pic.twitter.com/m1qevc5IE6
– danawhite (@danawhite) February 2, 2017
The performance of Fiziev This weekend he was generally praised by fans who enjoyed his physical prowess, great technique, and responsiveness, which led the referees to name him the winner by unanimous decision. The fight received the title of the “fight of the night” and made both participants take an unexpected bonus of additional $ 50,000 for their outstanding show. Rafael He couldn’t hide his surprise and joy upon hearing and was filmed by a member of his team while celebrating the incentive.
- Roman Dolidze knocked out Khadis Ibragimov in the first round.
- Grant Dawson defeated Nad Narimani by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27 and 29-27).
- Joel Álvarez subdued Joe Duffy in the first round to Joe Duffy. Read the chronicle of Joel Álvarez’s triumph.
- Brett Johns defeated Montel Jackson by unanimous decision (triple 29-28).
- Amir Albazi subdued Malcolm Gordon in the first round.
- Arman Tsarukyan beat Davi Ramos by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27 and 29-28).
- Serghei Spivac prevailed by majority decision (28-28, 29-27 and 29-27) on Carlos Felipe.
Main card results
- Askar Askarov won Alexandre Pantoja by unanimous decision (triple 29-28).
- Ariane Lipski subdued Luana Carolina in the first round.
- Rafael Fiziev defeated Marc Diakiese by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28 and 29-28).
- Jack Hermansson defeated Kelvin Gastelum by submission in the first round.
- Deiveson Figueiredo subdued Joseph Benavídez in the first round, taking the flyweight belt (it was vacant).