This Saturday, August 8, the action returned to the United States, with the UFC Apex’s Las Vegas 6, event with a huge expectation created. Thus, the Americans will receive the second show in the same week, which will have several important names in the world of MMA. They are sure to star in several exciting matches. With several fights taking place this weekend, the spectacle of the middleweight division between Derrick Lewis vs Aleksei Oleinik being the star of the day. Also, there are five fighters to keep track of.
Derrick Lewis will reach over the Full Weight limit when he faces Russia’s Aleksei Oleinik, in the five-round contest that leads the UFC Fight Night Las Vegas 6. The former divisional title challenger logged 265 pounds on the scale, while the ‘Boa constrictor’ came in weighing nearly twenty kilos less. In this way, it is one of the most anticipated fights of the year, the one that will surely give something to talk about when it ends this Saturday night.
From the Main Card the only fighter to not give weight was Beneil Dariush, who went through a goal. The fourteenth number in the Lightweight ranking arrived two pounds over the limit, so he must give 20% of his pay to Scott Holtzman. In the Preliminaries the story was different. The two fighters in charge of closing the first part of the event appeared overweight. Veteran Tim Means came last for 1.5 pounds, while Argentine Laureano Staropoli appeared around 175 in UFC.
- Derrick Lewis (265 pounds) vs. Aleksei Oleinik (227 pounds).
- Omari Akhmedov (185.5 pounds) vs. Chris Weidman (186 pounds).
- Maki Pitolo (185.5 pounds) vs. Darren Stewart (186 pounds).
- Yana Kunitskaya (135.5 pounds) vs. Julija Storialenko (136 pounds).
- Beneil Dariush (158 pounds) vs. Scott Holtzman (156 pounds).
- Tim Means (172.5 pounds) vs. Laureano Staropoli (174.5 pounds).
- Kevin Holland (183.5 pounds) vs. Joaquin Buckley (185 pounds).
- Nasrat Haqparast (156 pounds) vs. Alex Muñoz (156 pounds).
- Andrew Sanchez (185.5 pounds) vs. Wellington Turman (185.5 pounds).
- Justin Jaynes (146 pounds) vs. Gavin Tucker (146 pounds).
- Peter Barrett (145.5 pounds) vs. Youssef Zalal (146 pounds).
- Ali Alqaisi (136 pounds) vs. Irwin Rivera (136 pounds) (Split decision winner).