This Saturday, August 8, the action returned to the United States, with the UFC Apex of Las Vegas 6, event with a huge expectation created. Thus, the Americans received the second show in the same week, which had several important names in the world of MMA. With several major fights, the show of the Derrick Lewis vs. Aleksei Oleinik middleweight division being the star of the day, there were several impressive knockouts.
In one of the best fights of the night Andrew Sanchez he knocked out his rival in an impressive way and left several with their mouths open. The one who received the spectacular blow was Wellington Turman, who fell asleep for a time on the canvas of the Octagon. “My haircut helped me a bit, but it was also all the work we’ve had in this time. We really did things very well from day one and today he saw himself inside the cage. He was a great opponent, but we were able to finish him before the scorecards. I am very happy for this new victory. To continue working for what comes next. I have no doubt that I will continue down this path in UFC“Said Andrew Sanchez.
For its part, Kevin Holland He also landed a heart-stopping knockout blow, the one that ended the illusion of Joaquin Buckley, who lost his mouthguard on the Octagon canvas. “He hit me with a head butt and I felt it. I started bleeding, but that didn’t stop me. It was not what I wanted to show, if it could have ended differently, better. There was a huge difference in height. I said what the problem was before and now I have solved it. I’m much better than before and I know good things are coming. I appreciate my agent, who got me this fight. I’m here to fight anyone, “said Holland.
In the contest that began with the stars, Baneil dariush He ended up the same way with Scott Holtzman, who couldn’t do anything about it. «It was a great image that I was able to give today. I am very happy to have been able to end that way. He had planned to try and knew that at some point it was going to come out. I looked for it and I got it. He was a great rival and he knew he had to finish it because he has a great punch. Now I will rest, then I will go back to training and start thinking about what will come next for me, ”Baneil dictated.
Another of the stars had an emotional moment, when Darren stewart he subdued his rival in a more than spectacular way and then celebrated for his deceased friend. The one who received the terrible submission was Maki Pitolo. I try not to cry, but it was all for him. I took the fight for the death of my Jahreau Shepherd. I’m mad and really got the fight for it. It was fighting or doing something I didn’t want to. He didn’t deserve to die and have that done to him. But I did this today for him. I’m happy that I was able to get it. With the whole issue of the coronavirus and my friend, I really did not know what was going to happen today and I do not know what will come next, “said Darren.
The stellar contest had a huge presentation, in a combat of legends. The power of Derrick Lewis it was too much for veteran Russian grappler Aleksei Oleinik, whom he defeated by TKO at the start of the second round, in the main event of the night. “It feels great to have so many knockouts in heavyweight history of UFC. Having survived the key he made me, which I actually don’t know what he was doing, I’m even happier. I’m always at 245 pounds and I want to go down to 215 pounds, “said the winner.
- Derrick Lewis (265 pounds) (2nd round knockout winner) vs. Aleksei Oleinik (227 pounds).
- Omari Akhmedov (185.5 pounds) vs. Chris Weidman (186 pounds) (Unanimous decision winner).
- Maki Pitolo (185.5 pounds) vs. Darren Stewart (186 pounds) (First round submission winner).
- Yana Kunitskaya (135.5 pounds) (Winner by unanimous decision) vs. Julija Storialenko (136 pounds).
- Beneil Dariush (158 pounds) (First round knockout winner) vs. Scott Holtzman (156 pounds).
- Tim Means (172.5 pounds) (Unanimous decision winner) vs. Laureano Staropoli (174.5 pounds).
- Kevin Holland (183.5 pounds) (Third round knockout winner) vs. Joaquin Buckley (185 pounds).
- Nasrat Haqparast (156 pounds) (Winner by unanimous decision) vs. Alex Muñoz (156 pounds).
- Andrew Sanchez (185.5 pounds) (First-round knockout winner) vs. Wellington Turman (185.5 pounds).
- Justin Jaynes (146 pounds) vs. Gavin Tucker (146 pounds). (Winner by submission in the third round).
- Peter Barrett (145.5 pounds) vs. Youssef Zalal (146 pounds). (Winner by unanimous decision).
- Ali Alqaisi (136 pounds) vs. Irwin Rivera (136 pounds) (Split decision winner).