Finally, after several rumors and with the confirmation of the departure of Mexican Sergio Pérez, it was announced that Sebastian Vettel He will take his place in the Aston Martin team, starting next year. This was made known through a statement published in the last hours by Racing point on their social networks and website.
The German had denied the rumors that he would reach this team. However, after several images that saw him and Otmar Szafnauer, executive director of Racing Point, this Thursday it was confirmed what had been said in the paddock. With this news, the driver duo for 2021 seems to be confirmed for Aston Martin. Everything seems to indicate that Lance Stroll will continue as the team’s second driver, while Pérez has not yet confirmed his future.
The statement has the word of Otmar Szafnauer and Sebastian Vettel. The first speaker was Szafnauer. “Everyone on the team is extremely excited about this news. Sebastian is a champion and comes with a winning mentality that matches our ambitions for the future as Aston Martin, “said Szafnauer in the text published this morning.
Sebastian Vettel’s word
For his part, the current Ferrari driver was also very excited about the new project in his sports career. “It’s a new adventure for me at a legendary brand,” Vettel began, adding: “The results the team has achieved this year have impressed me and I think the future is even brighter. Lawrence Stroll’s energy and commitment to this sport is very inspiring and I think we can build something very special together.
Near the end of the statement, the German added what his goals are for 2021 with Aston Martin. “I am delighted to finally share this exciting news about my future. I am very proud to say that I will become an Aston Martin driver in 2021. It is a new adventure for me with a truly legendary car company. I have been impressed with the results the team has achieved this year. This is why I think the future looks even brighter, “said Vettel in closing.