Rugby Championship: change of date for the duel between Australia and New Zealand


0
Rugby Championship: change of date for the duel between Australia and New Zealand

SANZAAR and the tournament hosts, Rugby Australia, announced today an amendment to the Rugby Championship 2020. Following the controversy surrounding the end date of the 12-game tournament, now will now be played over seven weeks and the clash of Australia vs. New Zealand It will move from Saturday, December 12 to Saturday, October 31 at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney. The duel of South Africa against Argentina will remain on Saturday, December 12, but will move to McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle to close out the tournament.

Otherwise, the rest of the draw has not changed, with five consecutive weeks of doubles matches that kick off at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane on Saturday 7th November. The start times have also been confirmed. It is going to be a memorable tournament with the Springboks ready to play for the first time since they became Rugby World Cup World Champions in Japan last year when they face off against Argentina on the second day of the game. He Saturday, November 7 it will also mark the first time that the top-tier nations will meet in a double test match.

He SANZAAR CEO Andy Marinos, said: “The opening of the Australia-New Zealand travel bubble from New Zealand and an agreement by the parties on revised business results has enabled the joint venture to consider alternative solutions to address our two key objectives of business viability and player welfare. Rugby Australia and SANZAAR, with the support of the Governments of New South Wales, South Africa, Argentina and New Zealand, have been proactive in coming up with numerous workable solutions that have now allowed us to adjust the picture. “

“The final revised draw will see the Australia v New Zealand match originally scheduled for December 12 as a double header at ANZ Stadium moved to October 31 at ANZ Stadium as a separate game. The South Africa match v Argentina as scheduled on the 12th of December at the ANZ Stadium has been moved to the McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle ”.

“This year has been a year of continuous adjustment in which SANZAAR members have had to commit themselves on several levels. It is important to further acknowledge the sacrifice of several of the players and the leadership of the team who will have been away from home for close to six months when the Rugby Championship concludes. This is once again a testament to the strong values ​​that encompass our game. “

“I would also like to thank our broadcasters rights holders for adapting to this late change and for continuing to support us through these challenges, as well as the government of New South Wales for their support and flexibility regarding the tournament and the venues of the matches”. “The 12-match Rugby Championship is now ready to begin. The Pumas from Argentina have already arrived in Australia and we are all looking forward to an exciting and vibrant tournament that will undoubtedly showcase the best of rugby from the southern hemisphere, ”added Marinos.

He Rugby Australia Acting Chief Executive Officer Rob Clarke, said: “I really have to thank the government of New South Wales, under the leadership of Gladys Berejiklian, as well as the premier of Queensland, Annastacia Palaszczuk, and her government in Queensland for their flexibility and support in adapting to this late change. . “Both governments have been excellent partners in ensuring that this tournament continues and in helping to deliver world-class rugby for fans of New South Wales and Queensland, as well as the global television audience that will tune in to it.

“I am pleased that this draw has been resolved and that the SANZAAR joint venture has reached a suitable compromise. Each side has had to sacrifice something, and I think that is a true indication of the strength of the SANZAAR alliance, ”said Clarke. The Argentina team has already arrived in Australia and is completing its training under strict health regulations, governed by NSW Health and the NSW Police. South Africa’s participation has yet to be confirmed, as the decision depends on several factors beyond SANZAAR’s control.. However, it is a positive sign that the Super Rugby Unlocked tournament kicks off in South Africa on Friday 9th October. “


What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win