This Thursday, coronavirus has hit the sport hard again. Valentino rossi, 41-year-old pilot, announced that he tested positive for COVID-19, so he will not have activity in the Aragon Grand Prix MotoGP event next weekend. Through his networks, the Italian gave details about his health, after undergoing several tests where the last one revealed his contagion.
“Unfortunately this morning when I woke up I was not feeling well. My bones were sore and I had some fever, so I immediately called the doctor, who did two tests. The result of the rapid PCR test was negative, as was the test I did on Tuesday. But the second, of which he sent me the result this afternoon, unfortunately has tested positive, “he said. Valentino rossi.
On the other hand, the nine-time world champion was disappointed not to compete this weekend. «I am very disappointed because I have to skip the Aragon race. I am sad and angry because I did my best to respect the protocol. Anyway, that’s the way it is, and I can’t do anything to change the situation. Now I will follow the advice of the doctors and I hope to be cured as soon as possible, “added the Italian pilot.
Yamaha hit by coronavirus
The positive of Valentino rossi is a hard blow for Yamaha, because last week, six of their technicians missed the race of Le mans by a positive on a team member. Therefore, the team manager, Lin jarvis, reiterated that everyone is exposed to contracting the virus. “No matter how careful we are, the risk is always there, as we see with the increasing number of infections in Europe,” Jarvis commented.
They will take precautions
Finally, Lin Jarvis indicated that they will follow the protocols to avoid more infections in the team. “We have consulted with the Italian health authorities and have been informed that any member of our team who was in contact with Valentino is excluded from direct risk. We will be vigilant from now on to minimize future problems, “said Larvis.