In the last hours Marc Márquez communicated that he will not return in the 2020 season of MotoGP. Through social networks, the Spanish pilot confirmed that the process of Recovery that he is carrying out, he has not finished yet so he will not be able to get back on his Sling to see your general fitness. A third operation, Andrea Dovizioso and many more rumors resurfaced this Thursday.
Although he assured that he will return to 100% next season, the rumors installed in the last hours by the press indicate that Márquez will have to face a third surgical intervention. In addition, they assured that this new rehabilitation process would take another six months. If confirmed, he would return very right at the beginning of the 2021 championship.
According to the Italian media ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’, Márquez would return to the operating room in the coming weeks. This rumor had already been installed before, but the Honda team deactivated it after several days. However, the possibility resurfaces again. Even the newspaper itself assured that Honda is in contact with Andrea Dovizioso to replace him.
For his part, the journalist Simon Patterson gave details of Márquez’s shoulder injury. “In addition to inserting a new plate, it is necessary to reinforce the humerus with bone marrow extracted from the iliac crest with growth factors from the blood, to help the biology of the fracture bone heal”, explained Patterson to the medium ‘The Race’.
Marc’s environment belies
For his part, his manager Emilio Alzamora, ruled out this possibility. “There has been a press release and, in any case, we already said that the recovery would take two to three months after the second operation. Everyone can have their say, but when we have something new to say, we’ll talk. Now we need patience and wait, “said the former pilot.