After qualifying in Colombia, Vélez’s coaching staff gave the squad a day off. Some players got together to celebrate in a house on the Country Camino Real de San Isidro (probably with rent in the name of Martín Lucero, also a Fortín player). So far the data that could be corroborated. After the celebration, a 28-year-old woman accused that she was sexually abused in one of the rooms of the house. And although in the complaint made at midnight on Thursday before personnel of the San Isidro Patrol command, the woman involved Ricardo Centurión in the act, then in the extension she declined and the same young woman who remarked that “Ricky” did not he was the one who would have abused her.
Regarding the account of the night of the party in the private neighborhood of San Isidro, the complainant said that there were five players from the Liniers club, that it began in the afternoon and that “at night the situation got out of hand.” In addition to this case that was opened, an alleged robbery at the residence is also being investigated.
The person in charge of the area of gender violence in Vélez, Paula Ojeda, referred to the sexual abuse that occurred in a house in the Camino Real country, in the Buenos Aires match of San Isidro, in which there were players from the Vélez Sarsfield Athletic Club. In this sense, the lawyer indicated that the players involved were not disaffected because “they are not accused in this case”, but “they are witnesses of a regrettable situation.”
“They would not be involved,” said the lawyer in dialogue with A24, after it was revealed that players from the Liniers club participated in the party.
According to the San Isidro police, the complainant was transferred to the Police Station for Women in that town to ratify her statements and formalize the fact before the Justice and thus give way to the intervention of the Special Prosecutor’s Office on Gender Violence.
This Friday morning, club leaders together with members of the Gender Violence Commission approached the prosecutor’s office to learn about the case. Vélez has a protocol established in the footballers’ contracts for in these cases, if what happened is proven, automatically sanction with the termination of the contract. The first step, prior to this resolution, is the separation from the professional staff.
The case was in charge of the prosecutor Laura Zyseskind, who must verify the veracity of the woman’s statements.