Bob arum, promoter of Top rank, assured that the million dollars he offers to Shawn porter to fight against Terence crawford, insists that it will not pay more for the situation the world is experiencing with COVID-19.
“I read in a place that he was offended by only offering him a million dollars,” he said. Arum in Barbershop Conversations about the offer to Porter to fight with Crawford. “I’m from the old guard. I don’t know why a million dollars would be an insult to someone. I can’t guarantee more than a million dollars. In these times, no.
Porter comes from defeating Sebastian Formella on August 22, 2020 by unanimous decision for the vacant silver welterweight belt of the World Boxing Council. He previously fell against Errol spence by split decision in September 2019 in which he won $ 2 million, according to Yahoo Sports.
“I will not accept a million dollars,” he said. Porter to The Porter Way Podcast.“I did my best to send a message to Bob arum, and I also know people who know Bob. And I said, ‘Tell Mr. Arum that I don’t mean to disrespect you, and I know I don’t. If you plan to offer me little money, don’t do it. If you feel like that’s the way to get a fight with me, you better not do it. “
“Don’t do it,” he added. Porter. “However, if you want the fight to happen, don’t haggle me for the money. I am worth over a million dollars. Fuck a million dollars. I’m going to keep it as clean as possible, but I’m not going to fight Terence crawford for a million dollars. “
For its part, Terence crawford, welterweight champion of the World Boxing Organization, beat Kell brook by TKO on November 14, 2020.