Novak Djokovic gaHe defeated Alexander Zverev and qualified for the Australian Open semi-finals. With discomfort, the Serb prevailed 6-7 (6), 6-2, 6-4 and 7-6 (6) to get into the top four of the first Grand Slam of the season.
With the victory against the German, which meant the sixth in eight games in their history between the two, Nole further increased his clear dominance in ocean lands. Besides being the player who most often knew how to get hold of the Major With eight (2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2020), he reached the 80th victory of his career in the tournament, while he has only eight losses.
Djokovic’s lost matches at the Australian Open were always between the first round and the quarterfinals, which means that every time the Serbian reached the semifinals, he was crowned champion. Nole’s executioners at his favorite Grand Slam:
– Hyeon chung he eliminated him in the fourth round of 2018: 7-6, 7-5 and 7-6 for the South Korean.
– Denis Istomin He beat him in five sets in the second instance in 2017: 7-6, 5-7, 2-6, 7-6 and 6-4.
– Stanislas Wawrinka he left the Serbian on the road with sets of 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6 and 9-7 in the 2014 quarterfinals. The Swiss later became champion.
– 7-6, 6-7, 1-6, 6-3 and 6-1 was the result with which Jo Wilfried Tsonga He beat Djokovic in the 2010 quarterfinals.
– Again in the quarter round. Andy Roddick He was the one who got into the semifinals thanks to 6-7, 6-4, 6-2, 2-1 and Nole’s retirement.
– In the last 16 of 2007, Roger Federer he got rid of the current number one in straight sets: 6-2, 7-5 and 6-3.
– For the first round of 2006, the North American Paul goldstein He beat a young Novak 6-2, 1-6, 6-3 and 6-2.
– It was Marat Safin the one who gave the first defeat in Australia to Djokovic, who came from qualifying. The result: a resounding 6-0, 6-2 and 6-1 for the first round.