Nadal confirmed that he will participate again in the ATP 500 in Barcelona


0
Nadal confirmed that he will participate again in the ATP 500 in Barcelona

It is back to the game. Rafael Nadal confirmed the news that all Catalan tennis fans were waiting for: he said that he will play one of the tournaments with which he maintains a more special idyll, the ATP 500 in Barcelona.

The traditional Count of Godó, on Spanish clay, known in that country as clay, will witness the new attempt at a feat by Nadal, the historic king of the slow surface. In fact, in 2020 he achieved his 13th title at Roland Garros, no less.

Nadal, No. 3 in the world, being displaced last week as a guard by Russian Daniil Medvedev, holds the record of 11 titles in the ATP of Barcelona. The first was achieved in 2005 and the last, in 2018. The plus was that he won his 11 finals in that championship.

In 2020, the Catalan contest was not played on the occasion of the stoppage of the circuit due to the coronavirus pandemic. This time he will take Cabao from April 19 to 25 and it would be his second tournament of the European tour on clay, after the Monte-Carlo.

After passing through the Australian Open, the Spanish, with obvious annoyances on his back, chose to get off different tournaments on hard courts, the most important of which was the imminent Masters 1000 in Miami. And he said, once again, that his priority will be the slow courts, with his sights set on returning to the Principality of Monaco.

Because of Covid-19, then, Nadal just played a tournament for the last time in Spain when he won the Davis Cup with the new format, in Madrid, in November 2019. On clay, in his country, his last performance dates back to May of that year, when he yielded to Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas in the Madrid semifinal.


What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win