Year by year, the deadline for transfers in the NBA never disappoints and, this time, Facundo Campazzo’s Nuggets were the protagonists by adding two stars to their ranks with the aim of achieving the long-awaited championship ring: Aaron Gordon and JaVale McGee.
Denver started moving early and managed to add to the three-time NBA champion JaVale McGee. The 33-year-old center return to the Colorado franchise, where he played between 2012 and 2015. In exchange, the Nuggets sent a package to Cleveland Cavaliers that included center Isaiah Hartenstein and two second-round picks, one in 2023 (protected) and one in 2027.
McGee’s arrival guarantees you a strong defensive presence on the inside to Michael Malone’s team. While the fort of Nikola Jokic It is not the defense, the starting center did not seem to have a replacement among the substitutes, something that forced Malone to use the Serb too many minutes. Hartenstein’s irregular gait also made players like Bol Bol and Zeke Nnaji have to play more often, something that undermined the idea of the organization to bring both young players little by little.
The Michigan native could be a solid addition from the bench for Malone’s, with a stat that reflects averages of 8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 15.2 minutes of play.
But, beyond the fact that McGee’s arrival means an improvement for the Nuggets, the main course arrived in the afternoon, when the arrival of Aaron Gordon was confirmed, from Orlando Magic. The eaves he was one of the most sought-after players in the league, especially after Orlando also decides to transfer to Nikola Vucevic to Chicago and Evan Fournier to Boston. Clearly, the Florida franchise will face a rebuild that did not fit into Gordon’s plans.
The operation did not come cheap for Denver, which in exchange had to deliver to Gary Harris, rookie RJ Hampton, and a 2025 first-round pick (protected). In the negotiation, in addition, it was included Gary Clark, who will also report to Malone.
Gordon, 25, arrives in Denver to be the owner. Surely the Nuggets will begin to present starting five with the combination of Gordon, Jokic and Michael Porter Jr. ahead, accompanied by Jamal Murray and Will Barton or even Mount morris, if Malone decides to employ Murray as an escort. Gordon’s numbers, meanwhile, speak for themselves: 14.6 points, 6.6 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game so far this season.
The arrival of the native of San José, in addition, seems to be a strong sign of the role that Facundo Campazzo will play in Denver. Is that Colorado franchise It presented a squad with a large number of guards among which to distribute the minutes. The Hampton Out –who Denver used a first-round pick in the last draft and in whom they had a lot of faith-, seems also to be based on the good quality minutes that both Morris and Campazzo give to the team alternating from the bench. Between them two and PJ Dozier there will be the game-by-game replacement for the Denver Guards.
Rajon Rondo to the Clippers, Lou Williams to the Hawks and other glittering NBA trades
- The base Rajon rondo was transferred to Los Angeles Clippers, coming from Atlanta Hawks in an operation that sent to Lou williams to the Georgia franchise.
- The pivot Nikola Vucevic let Orlando Magic to continue your career in Chicago Bulls.
- The eaves Evan fournier also left Orlando Magic to become a player of Boston Celtics.
- The base George Hill was transferred from Oklahoma city thunder in an operation that also deposited Tony Bradley and Austin Rivers in OKC already Terrance ferguson in New York Knicks. Oklahoma also got two future second-round draft picks.
- The escort Norman Powell let Toronto raptors to move on to Portland Trail Blazers in exchange of Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood.
- Sacramento Kings said goodbye to Nemanja Bjelica. The Serbian will continue his career in Miami Heat, which in turn will send to Moe Harkless and Chris Silva to the Californian team.
- The escort Victor oladipo ended its brief stint in Houston Rockets and will continue his career in Miami Heat, which in turn will send to Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk the Texas team, plus a draft pick exchange right.
- Veteran JJ Redick was transferred from New Orleans Pelicans to Dallas Mavericks.
- Golden state warriors Send to Mark Chriss to San Antonio Spurs.
- The pivot Daniel Theis was transferred from Boston Celtics to Chicago Bulls in exchange of Mo wagner.