Granada vs. Manchester United – Match Report – April 8, 2021

Granada vs.  Manchester United - Match Report - April 8, 2021

GRANADA (EFE) – Manchester United did not give rise to surprise and beat Granada 0-2 this Thursday at the Nuevo Los Cármenes Stadium in the first leg of the Europa League quarterfinals, leaving it on track a tie that will be resolved within a week on English soil.

A goal after half an hour of play from the Englishman Marcus Rashford and another from the Portuguese Bruno Fernandes, from a penalty, in the 90th minute gave the victory to a Manchester United that created few scoring chances but that imposed its superiority against a very worthy Granada that He was not as fine as his rival face to goal.

The first section of the game was equalized and developed at a fairly low pace, without any team being able to reach the opposite area in danger, although Manchester United took over the duel with the passage of minutes from possession ball.

In fact, the highlight of those opening bars was that the match was stopped for almost a minute when a totally naked spontaneous jumped onto the grass and had to be taken off the pitch by the members of the National Police.

David de Gea, bet for the English goal of the Norwegian coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, intervened for the first time after a strategy action by Granada, while the first arrival of the visitors was a direct free kick sent out by Marcus Rashford.

Rashford himself warned before the 0-1 with a placed shot that went wide, an option to which the Brazilian Robert Kenedy replied with a shot from outside in a forced position to finish off.

Rashford, the best of the English despite reaching the game touched, put his team ahead in the 31st minute after winning the back of the local defense and beating the Portuguese Rui Silva in hand-to-hand after a sensational pass along the Swedish Victor Lindelof.

The Spanish team reacted well in the final stretch of the first half and touched the tie with three good chances: a shot from Venezuelan Yangel Herrera that was repelled between the post and David De Gea, a shot off Roberto Soldado and a distant volley from an asset. Kenedy who ran into David de Gea again.

Granada prolonged their good moment at the start of the second half, with another long shot from Kenedy that put David de Gea back to work.

The injury of Portuguese Domingos Duarte slowed the momentum of the premises and Manchester United regained dominance, with a good finish from behind Harry Maguire closed with a bad kick from outside the center area.

The final half hour passed with few shocks, as the visitors risked just enough to keep their income and the locals tried to find a tie but with the clear premise of not receiving as much as the tie was sentenced, something that finally happened.

Yangel Herrera, the best of Granada in the game, sought the goal in his umpteenth arrival in the area, after David de Gea crossed again on the way to Kenedy’s goal.

Rui Silva avoided the 0-2 in the 82nd minute with a saving save against his compatriot Bruno Fernandes in a clear heads-up, although he could have been offside in the action.

When it seemed that the match was going to end 0-1, the Portuguese referee Artur Dias signaled a rigorous penalty for the English after a clash in the area between the Cameroonian Yan Eteki and Bruno Fernandes.

The Portuguese attacker, who went unnoticed during the game, put the tie very expensive for his team with the 0-2, which came in the 90th minute, by transforming a penalty with a little luck since he was about to catch the ball Rui Silva.

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
confused confused
fail fail
fun fun
geeky geeky
love love
lol lol
omg omg
win win