Thanks to the victory obtained in the ATP 500 in Barcelona, Rafael Nadal once again established himself as No. 2 in the world ranking, having only Novak Djokovic above. That promotion was achieved by the Spaniard this Monday, by leaving Daniil Medvedev behind again. That was the only change in the Top 10.
The Spanish had lost the place after not having a good start during 2021. In addition to that situation, his immediate pursuer, Medvedev, won the Marseille tournament while the Spanish decided not to participate in Acapulco, for which a position in the ATP ranking.
But with this triumph in Barcelona, added to the loss of Medvedev in Monte-Carlo for testing positive for Covid-19 and having only reached the quarterfinals of the Masters 1000 in Miami, they allowed the Spanish to regain that privileged place .
This second place will continue to be in dispute since the Spanish adds 9,810 points, while the Muscovite remains with 9,700. At the top, Djokovic sits comfortably, now with more than 2,000 points over Nadal.
Among Latin Americans, Argentine Diego Schwartzman continues as the leader, firmly installed in the Top 10.
ATP WORLD RANKING:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) (=) 11,963 points
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) (+1) 9,810
3. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) (-1) 9,700
4. Dominic Thiem (AUT) (=) 8,365
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) (=) 7,980
6. Alexander Zverev (GER) (=) 6.125
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) (=) 6,000
8. Roger Federer (SUI) (=) 5,875
9. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) (=) 3,765
10. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) (=) 3,568
THE OTHER LATIN AMERICANS IN THE TOP 100:
22. Cristian Garin (CHI) (=) 2.318
55. Guido Pella (ARG) (-5) 1,163
78. Thiago Monteiro (BRA) (-2) 948
79. Pablo Cuevas (URU) (+5) 944
85. Federico Delbonis (ARG) (-2) 897
90. Federico Coria (ARG) (=) 875
97. Juan Ignacio Londero (ARG) (=) 813