Argentine rugby is mourning the death of Héctor ‘Pochola’ Silva. Former captain and coach of Los Pumas, he was one of the leaders of the historic 1965 tour of South Africa.
Referents of Argentine rugby such as Agustín Pichot, Juan Manuel Leguizamón and Agustín Creevy they joined the Argentina Rugby Union and different clubs in the farewell of the former captain of Los Pumas.
A legend left, one of the greatest references in our history left, Héctor Silva left.
Goodbye Pochola, may you rest in peace! pic.twitter.com/znfMmvlU8L
– The Pumas (@lospumas) May 17, 2021
Goodbye, Pochola. 💔🥺
Thanks for everything, Captain! 🔰 pic.twitter.com/M8gDeUbGHi
– Club Los Tilos (@clublostilos) May 17, 2021
The UAR says goodbye with deep pain to Héctor Silva, one of the main leaders and captains of Los Pumas, present in 24 matches and author of 5 tries. We accompany their families and the entire community of their club, Los Tilos, in this sad moment.
Goodbye, Pochola! pic.twitter.com/I7uRtl5bKh
– Argentine Rugby Union (@unionerogentina) May 17, 2021
Goodbye captain. Thanks a lot. pic.twitter.com/ySBae22HLI
– Agustín Pichot (@ AP9_) May 17, 2021
He left a BIG of Argentine rugby.
Rest in peace Pochola dear.
I was lucky to meet you, live some unforgettable moments and listen to you
From what they told me and from what my own eyes could see, an absolute leader.
Argentine rugby is going to miss you a lot.
– Juan M. Leguizamon (@JMLegui) May 17, 2021
Thank you for everything you gave to Argentine rugby Pochola! We will miss you. A big hug to the entire Silva family ❤️ pic.twitter.com/LTmwhK1JRA
– Agustin Creevy (@agustincreevy) May 17, 2021
– Omar Hasan (@OmaHasan) May 17, 2021
Pochola Silva’s departure was a great loss. Without a doubt, someone who left enormous teachings for Argentine rugby. A great leader left on tour. Goodbye captain!
– Marcelo Rodríguez (@ManotaJr) May 17, 2021
– Hindu Club (@Club_Hindu) May 17, 2021
– San Isidro Club (@SanIsidroClub) May 17, 2021
Since @universitariolp we say goodbye with an immense hug to the great Pochola Silva, symbol of national rugby and @clublostilos Greetings to your family and friends. In Gonnet we will also miss him a lot. RIP pic.twitter.com/C12U7PLNFb
– Rugby CULP (@universitariolp) May 17, 2021
We accompany the @clublostilos and to the Silva family at this sad moment.
– Club Newman (@ClubNewman) May 17, 2021