Federico Delbonis (51 °), who lost to Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (46 °) and said goodbye in the fourth round of Roland Garros, in each of his performances left great points to remember. A review of the best of the Azul tennis player who, in general, closed the tour on clay with a marked rise in his tennis level.
1) In the duel against the 22-year-old Spaniard for the round of 16, he took his best point and possibly one of the highlights of the tournament. Delbonis showed an elasticity seen in few tennis players, resisted and clenched his fist to vent in a scream.
The left-hander defended with pure claw and closed the maneuver with a fantastic right hand against Davidovich.
2) In the third round, Fabio Fognini (29th) was one of his victims. Against the Italian he played a huge point that closed with a lethal drop.
Brilliant about the Argentine to take the point against Fognini at Roland Garros with a tremendous drop.
3) In front of Radu Albot (89 °) he had started his way at Roland Garros. In his debut, Delbonis did not save anything and has already begun to show his full potential. The example is in this solid upload to the net.
Great point of the Argentine against Albot in Paris.
4) On this occasion, the show was put together by the two of them. But the Argentine gave the final blow. Against Fognini, the 51st in the world defined with a millimeter drive that traveled at great speed and brushed the strap.
Extraordinary point with many condiments that the Argentine ended up taking with a drive to put in a box.
5) Stick goes, stick comes. From the back of the track, Delbonis withstood the pressure of Pablo Andújar (68 °), took control and sealed a point that won applause.
Andújar fell short with his last impact and the Argentine took the chance.
It should be noted that with these actions, the Argentine achieved reach the round of 16 in a Grand Slam for the first time in his career.