Before the Argentina Selection make it official, CONMEBOL confirmed the final list of 28 players of Lionel Scaloni to dispute the America Cup 2021 from Brazil.
Finally is Franco Armani, despite the fact that his PCR continues to test positive for COVID-19. What’s more, the coach surprised with the exclusion of Lucas Ocampos and Juan Foyth and the presence of Lucas Alario.
In the absence of being made official by the official account of the Argentine National Team, CONMEBOL announced those summoned by Scaloni … pic.twitter.com/vsfIgUkzrQ
– SportsCenter (@SC_ESPN) June 10, 2021
The main unknown in the call for 28 footballers was the River Plate goalkeeper, who already has an epidemiological discharge and is not contagious although his CRP continues to test positive
Given the doubts generated about the possibility of entering and leaving the country to play the tournament in Brazil, desde CONMEBOL sent a circular in which footballers in the Armani situation are enabled to participate in the Copa América.
The four states where the contest will be held have already authorized entry, but the country’s migration OK was lacking.
Scaloni decided to bring the four goalkeepers summoned, so he cut more midfielders, as in the case of Ocampos who had a lot of competition with Ángel Correa, Gio Lo Celso, Exequiel Palacios and Nico Domínguez.
Meanwhile, it was expected that Nahuel Molina would be the cut off in defense, and not Foyth, who played the last edition of the Copa América and had more minutes in the last games.
Lucas Alario, who had already been disabled by a ligament injury, returns to the squad in place of the rookie Julian Alvarez.
The others excluded were Emiliano Buendía, and José Palomino, who did not have minutes in the last double date of the South American Qualifiers.
Argentina will debut in the Copa América on Monday against Chile, in Brasilia, at 18:00.
= THE FINAL LIST:
– ARQUEROS: Franco Armani, Emiliano Martínez, Juan Musso, Agustín Marchesín.
– DEFENDERS: Gonzalo Montiel, Nicolás Otamendi, Germán Pezzella, Nicolás Tagliafico, Nahuel Molina, Lucas Martínez Quarta, Marcos Acuña, Lisandro Martínez, Cristian Romero.
– MIDFIELDERS: Leandro Paredes, Giovani Lo Celso, Exequiel Palacios, Nicolás González, Ángel Di María, Guido Rodríguez, Rodrigo De Paul, Ángel Correa, Alejandro Gómez, Nicolás Domínguez.
– FRONT: Lionel Messi, Lautaro Martínez, Joaquín Correa, Lucas Alario and Sergio Agüero.