Novak Djokovic (1st) It’s in Tokyo 2020, chasing the dream of getting the Golden slam. But in addition to that historic achievement, the Serbian you could get another very important brand.
After beating Jan-Lennard Struff and reaching the knockout stages of the Olympics, the world number one reached eleven victories in this type of competition between Beijing 2008 and Tokyo 2020. This way, he is the third tennis player with the most victories in the highest Olympic event, surpassing Juan Martín Del Potro, Rafael Nadal and Fernando González.
If the Belgrade born accesses the following rounds and hangs the gold medal, they will not only get the Golden Slam, but he will also surpass the tennis player who has more victories in the Olympic Games: Roger Federer (13).
In this way, the list with the tennis players with the most matches won in the Olympic Games is:
1) Roger Federer (13) -between Sydney 2000 and London 2012-
2) Andy Murray (12) -between Beijing 2008 and Rio 2016-
3) Novak Djokovic (11) -between Beijing 2008 and Tokyo 2020-
3) Juan Martin Del Potro (10) -between London 2012 and Rio 2016-, Rafael Nadal (10) -between Beijing 2008 and Rio 2016-, Fernando Gonzalez (10) -between Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008-
4) Kei Nishikori (9) -between Beijing 2008 and Tokyo 2020-