Bomb: Nadal dropped from Toronto Masters 1000


0
Bomb: Nadal dropped from Toronto Masters 1000

Due to the recurrence of the injury to his left foot, Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal (4th) confirmed this Thursday at a press conference that he will not play the Masters 1000 in Toronto.

The one born in Manacor, Mallorca, 35 years ago, who was to be the third best seed of the tournament, behind Russian Daniil Medvedev and Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas, said: “I really wanted to play here a lot, but now is the time to make a decision and unfortunately this is the decision I have made.”

“I had problems for several months, as people know. Of course, it is not a happy situation after all the success I have had here, not being fit to play this year after not doing it last year. It is tough, but it is how it is now”, said the left-hander five times champion (2005, 2008, 2013, 2018 and 2019).

Nadal will be replaced by his compatriot Feliciano López (97th), who will enter the main draw as a lucky loser (LL), after losing to Japan’s Yoshihito Nishioka, and will make his debut against South African Lloyd Harris.


What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win