The US Open, fourth and last Grand Slam of 2021, He opens the game with an ATP world ranking that was unchanged in the top 20. The Winston-Salem ATP 250, in the previous one, saw Belarusian Ilya Ivashka champion for the first time, who thus achieved his best position in the classification.
At 27, Ivashka played his first final on the ATP major circuit. The Belarusian defeated Swede Mikael Ymer in the decisive match at the US tournament and moved up 10 places to No. 53 on the list.
For his part, Ymer was the one who rose the most this Monday: he advanced 18 places in the classification, thanks to the final played in Winston-Salem, to be now No. 72.
Thus, Ivashka achieved one of the best advances of this Monday. The other player who followed suit, climbing 10 places, was Emil Ruusuvuori, who reached the semifinals, where he fell to Ivashka. The Finn placed 66th in the ranking, which is also his best place as a professional.
The list continues to be headed by Serbian Novak Djokovic, with Russian Daniil Medvedev as guard and Greek Stefanos Tsitsipas completing the podium.
Among Latin Americans, Argentine Diego Schwartzman remained the leader, ranked 14th, followed by Chilean Cristian Garin, who is 19th in the ATP ranking.
ATP WORLD RANKING:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) (=) 11,113 points
2. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) (=) 9,980
3. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) (=) 8,350
4. Alexander Zverev (GER) (=) 8,240
5. Rafael Nadal (ESP) (=) 7.815
6. Dominic Thiem (AUT) (=) 6,995
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) (=) 6,400
8. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) (=) 5,533
9. Roger Federer (SUI) (=) 4.125
10. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) (=) 3,580
THE LATIN AMERICANS IN THE TOP 100:
14. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) (=) 2,980
19. Cristian Garin (CHI) (=) 2,510
47. Federico Delbonis (ARG) (=) 1.407
62. Federicio Coria (ARG) (-1) 1,054
80. Facundo Bagnis (ARG) (-1) 913
85. Guido Pella (ARG) (-1) 879
93. Thiago Monteiro (BRA) (=) 831