Jarren Durán is ninth Red Sox player for the week, added to COVID-19 list


0
Jarren Durán is ninth Red Sox player for the week, added to COVID-19 list

BOSTON – The Boston Red Sox placed outfielder Jarren Duran on the COVID-19-related disabled list on Friday, bringing the team’s total to nine players added to the list within a week.

The Red Sox announced the move before Friday night’s home game against the Cleveland Indians.

Manager Alex Cora said early Friday that Duran was not feeling well and that he would not be with the team while he underwent tests. The club announced hours later that Durán had been added to the roster, which has been growing since Boston placed infielders Enrique Hernández and Christian Arroyo on Aug. 27.

Cora said Hernandez has been feeling better, but he’s unlikely to return to the lineup this weekend. Arroyo could be back by the middle of next week and shortstop Xander Bogaerts, who was pulled from a game Tuesday and added to the roster, could return late next week, Cora said.

Pitchers Martín Pérez, Matt Barnes, Josh Taylor and Hirokazu Sawamura and infielder Yairo Muñoz were also included on the list this week.


What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win