A week with little weight action, but which left important changes in the world ranking. Czech BArbora Krejcikova, the 2021 Roland Garros champion, rose to her best position and was installed as the new WTA No. 5. This Monday there were more changes in the Top 10 and among Latin American leaders.
Krejicikova was one of the players who took advantage of Naomi Osaka’s setback. The Japanese dropped three places in the standings, remaining No. 8, and the Czech rose two places and climbed like never before, having previously excelled in the doubles event.
For her part, the Polish Iga Swiatek, the owner of the 2020 French Open, improved two places and is No. 6 in the world ranking. The list continues to be led by the Australian Ashleigh Barty, with a wide advantage over the Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka.
Among Latin Americans, Argentina’s Nadia Podoroska continues as the leader, after advancing one place and now being No. 38. The one who continues from the region is the young Colombian Camila Osorio Serrano, who gave up a place and marches No. 72.
WTA WORLD RANKING:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) (=) 10,075 points
2. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) (=) 7,720
3. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) (=) 5.315
4. Elina Svitolina (UKR) (=) 4.860
5. Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) (+2) 4,668
6. Iga Swiatek (POL) (+2) 4.571
7. Sofia Kenin (USA) (-1) 4.413
8. Naomi Osaka (JPN) (-3) 4,326
9. Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) (=) 4,135
10. Petra Kvitova (CZE) (=) 4,060
LATIN AMERICANS IN THE TOP 100:
38. Nadia Podoroska (ARG) (+1) 1.722
72. Camila Osorio Serrano (COL) (-1) 1.029