Mike tyson assured that the fight that was planned to face Evander holyfield will not happen, after Evander lost in an ugly way against the ex UFC, Vitor Belfort.
“Evander ruined the money, “he said Tyson during an interview with ESNEWS.
Now, Iron mike he will leave this behind and will look more eagerly to face another heavyweight rival who defeated him in his professional days, the British Lennox Lewis.
“We have to do it with Lennox (Lewis) now ”, he specified.
It has been speculated that Lewis and Tyson They would be in negotiations to fight in October, but there is nothing official about it yet.
It should be remembered that on November 28, 2020, Tyson returned to the ring in the Staples Center in Los Angeles, when he faced in an exhibition duel to Roy jones jr. which ended with a split decision, but several million dollars for each fighter.
“I want to fight. I need another (rival) ”, he made clear Mike at the interview.
Tyson had rejected a million-dollar offer to fight Holyfield
After returning to the ring last year, Tyson began to receive several proposals to fight, among them was that of making the trilogy before Evander holyfield, which was already beginning to organize.
Above all, both fighters communicated, but in the end nothing was closed. Of course, the people of Evander assured that Mike He rejected a millionaire sum for both to sign the agreement and go up to fight.
“We thought the deal was closed, but it fell apart when the team Tyson rejected all offers. We were negotiating in good faith for a long time and it seems that we ended up losing it, ”said Kris Lawrence, representative of Holyfield, who revealed that the latest offer declined by the team of Mike tyson It was $ 25 million, something reported by ESPN.