United Rugby Championship: With Tetaz Chaparro, Albornoz, Riera and Nemer, Benetton turned it around in the end

United Rugby Championship: With Tetaz Chaparro, Albornoz, Riera and Nemer, Benetton turned it around in the end

The second date of the United Rugby Championship started with the triumphs of Connacht and Scarlets. Saturday started with the victory of Benetton in view of Edinburgh in the end by 28-27, with the presence of Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Tomás Albornoz, Joaquín Riera and Iván Nemer. In Glasgow, Warriors had a great first half that was enough for them to win against Sharks by 35-24. The day also had victories of Ulster, Munster, Ospreys and Leinster.

CONNACHT 34-7 BULLS (Friday)

Despite the Bulls quickly adding with a successful first-minute try, Connacht worked on his strategy and was able to redirect the story. With two tries and a penalty, the homeowners went to rest with a wide difference in the score; something that they later assured in the complement with a couple of conquests at the end.

SCARLETS 36-13 LIONS (Friday)

The meeting was a monologue dictated by the Welsh, the first to reach the Ingoal. Scarlets managed to score four tries through Rogers and Evans, both on two occasions, while Costelow made sure to score three on four occasions. On the part of the South Africans, two penalties and only one try allowed them to discount in the defeat as a visitor.


The match began with a cooperation from Joaquín Riera for Gianmarco Lucchesi to score the first try of the match for Benetton. Despite this, Willem Nel took the ball and placed it in the ingoal to give Edinburgh the lead. Then the rival side showed a higher level with persistent attacks until Ben Vellacot converted by two to put the Scots away on the scoreboard. The Argentine presence came from Tomás Albornoz with a precise kick that ended as an assist in the hands of Monty Ioane. In the second half, with the result in favor of the visitors 27-25, it seemed doomed. However, Leonardo Marin was Benetton’s hero when he saw the sticks in front of his eyes and did not hesitate to kick a drop that would give his team victory in the 84th minute. Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Tomás Albornoz and Joaquín Riera were in the initial XV, while Iván Nemer entered the complement. Ramiro Moyano was on the rival bench, but did not add minutes.

GLASGOW 35-20 SHARKS (Saturday)

The Scots were left with a game in which they managed to make a difference in the first half. The Europeans came out more concentrated and thus were able to break the South African Ingoal three times with Ross Thompson, Ryan Wilson and Jamie Bhatti in just 20 minutes. On the other hand, Cole Forbes, one try in each half, also said present in the ingoal. All five conversions were accomplished with Thompson’s foot. For South Africans, Roets Le Roux scored in the first half and Thomas du Toit and Ntuthuko Mchunu also reached the try. Curwin Bosch put his signature on two conversions and a penalty and Ruan Pienaar hit the third conversion.

ZEBRE 3-36 ULSTER (Saturday)

In what was an overwhelming victory on the road, Ulster opened the scoring with a try by Mcilroy, who would later repeat the conquest at 39 ‘. However, minutes before it seemed that Zebre showed intention to stay alive in the match, from a successful penalty. However, the complement was a cataract of tries from the Irish that overwhelmed the owner of the house.

MUNSTER 34-18 STORMERS (Saturday)

The visit started on the right foot and pulled the strings of the first part. At 8 ‘he opened the scoring and then expanded his gains with two tries and a penalty. Upon returning from the break, Munster, who had only added five on one occasion, positioned himself as the protagonist of the film and in a span of fifteen minutes he had tripled invoices. A penalty at 80 ‘gave him victory at home.

OSPREYS 18-14 CARDIFF (Saturday)

During the first half, the Ospreys added with Anscombe’s foot four times while Cardiff broke with zero from the arrival of Adams to the rival ingoal, placing 12-14 up to go to the rest. That said, in a match that featured only Welsh-made tries, the locals bet on sticks and managed to win against Cardiff.


With a bumpy start, Dragons’ continued fouls left him two players behind and 0-7 down on the scoreboard with the clock ticking just 20. Leinster had the initiative to want to take advantage of his numerical superiority but the local did a great defensive job. The latter was repeated in the complement, where the visit could not specify the opportunities generated and Dragons added only from the sticks. The finale could have seen a bigger victory for Leinster but the TMO canceled the conquest with a knock-on.

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
confused confused
fail fail
fun fun
geeky geeky
love love
lol lol
omg omg
win win