It continues to rise. The 19-year-old Colombian Camila Osorio rose 10 places in the WTA world rankings and thus achieved her best position, being No. 53 in the classification and No. 1 in Latin America. The leader continues to be the Australian Ashleigh Barty.
Osorio, this year’s champion of the WTA of Bogotá, before his people, achieved for now that only title on the big circuit, where in 2021 he made the great leap. And last Sunday she could not repeat, after losing the final in Tenerife, which was the only final of a Colombian in singles in a competition on hard courts.
The player from Cúcuta announced that she closed this year like this, with the aim of preparing well for what will be 2022, with new challenges ahead. She is now the best in Colombia in the ranking after 14 years, after Catalina Castaño in 2007.
On her own, Barty dropped out of the Guadalajara WTA Finals and her escort in the ranking is still Belarusian Aryna Sabalenka.
Among the Latin Americans, Osorio is now the comfortable leader, since Argentina’s Nadia Podoroska was far behind. It went back two more places and is No. 84.
WTA WORLD RANKING:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) (=) 9,076 points
2. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) (=) 6,750
3. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) (=) 5,320
4. Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) (=) 4.708
5. Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) (=) 4,425
6. Elina Svitolina (UKR) (=) 4,096
7. Maria Sakkari (GRE) (=) 4.005
8. Ons Jabeur (TUN) (=) 3.455
9. Belinda Bencic (SUI) (=) 3,365
10. Naomi Osaka (JPN) (=) 3,326
LATIN AMERICANS IN THE TOP 100:
53. Camila Osorio Serrano (COL) (+10) 1,181
84. Nadia Podoroska (ARG) (-2) 862
91. Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA) (+3) 835