LOS ANGELES – LA Clippers forward Nicolas Batum missed Sunday’s game and could be out for the next few days as long as he is in league health and safety protocols.
Batum was ready to play before being ruled out shortly before the start of the Clippers’ 97-91 win over the Dallas Mavericks. The Clippers initially said the veteran was out due to illness before updating him and said Batum was on health and safety protocols.
Batum could miss several games. The Clippers are on a six-game homestand with the second game during that stretch against Dallas again on Tuesday.
“I’m not sure of the days, but I hope it’s out by [un tiempo]”Clippers head coach Ty Lue said.” I’m not sure how much, though.
Lue said the Clippers are taking every possible precaution.
“Everyone is being screened and a lot of guys were screened before the game,” Lue said of protecting against players entering health and safety protocols. “So I just have to see what the results are, but it will happen. Last year we did a good job of staying away from that, but it has been something that will affect everyone at some point. We just have to be smart about it and make sure that everyone be safe. “
The Clippers have had to deal with multiple injuries this season. Kawhi Leonard is off duty indefinitely as he returns from surgery to repair his right anterior cruciate ligament. Marcus Morris Sr (left knee injury) and rookie Jason Preston (right foot surgery) have been out. And veteran center Serge Ibaka rejoined the team on Sunday after a season in the G League while returning from back surgery.
Batum started this season strong, averaging 9.8 points and 5.5 rebounds. He missed a game last Thursday against the Memphis Grizzlies in Memphis due to an Achilles tendon injury before playing the New Orleans Pelicans again on Friday.
“Have been [muchas lesiones]But a lot of teams are going through it, not just us, “Lue said.” We have to keep weathering the storm. I think our guys are doing a great job. “