Premiership: Saracens overtook Sale and climbed to second place

This weekend the ninth round of the England Premiership. In the first instance, Exeter surpassed Bath by 23-16 and climbed several places getting into the fight for the first places. What’s more, Northampton surpassed Bristol board by 36-20, Gloucester took a very good victory against Wasps by 35-33 in a great game. London Irish beat Harlequins 22-19 and Newcastle drew 24-24 against Worcester. On Sunday, Saracens defeated Sale Sharks 25-14.

BATH 16-23 EXETER (Friday)
In a game that a priori seemed that Exeter he was the clear candidate, Bath He came out in the first half with a great predisposition to want to surprise and that victory remains at home. In the initial 40 minutes, the local was able to impose their game and the dressing rooms went with the score in their favor 10-6. The Chiefs They managed to react in time and were able to turn the result four minutes from the end thanks to the try of Sam simmonds and with the good efficacy they had on the feet Henry slade and Joe simmonds.

With Dan Biggar as the main figure, Northampton a very important victory was brought on the court of Bristol board by 36-20. The Welsh kicker was able to take advantage of the vast majority of opportunities he had in front of the sticks and scored 16 points, product of four penalties and two conversions. The first half was complicated for the Saints, since the defense of Bears It was very good, but in the last eight minutes they were able to turn the score and go to the dressing rooms upstairs. Already in the second half, the Bristol Bears They wanted to find the way around the meeting, but could not and were left empty-handed.

WASPS 33 – 35 GLOUCESTER (Friday)
In an extremely vibrant match, Gloucester He managed to resist and managed to take the victory in his visit to Wasps by 35-33 with Matías Alemanno holder and Santiago Socino entering the second half. The Cherrys could get away in the result in the first half, but in the complement, the Bees they were able to react and were within range in the match. Even three minutes from the end Jacob Umaga scored a converted try that left his team two points behind. They had some opportunity to turn the result around, but when they had possession of the ball, they had a handling error that led to the referee finishing the game with victory for Gloucester.


The visit had an Argentine presence, on the one hand Agustin Creevy among its holders, while in the local Santiago Garcia Botta was among the reserves. A very even first half in which the Quins were superior, throughout the development for the local Oscar Beard came to the try, but quickly the Argentine hooker, from London Irish, appeared to support his conquest. However, near the end of this stage, Luke Northmore struck with his try to go to the break in advantage. Although on the part of the visit in the complement they were made of two consecutive tries, their authors Rob Simmons and Ben White. The match was controlled by the visit, there was a resurrection attempt by the Quins with another conquest of Beard but it was not enough to turn the result around.


In a round trip, Newcastle and Worcester did not draw differences. The visitor, after several minutes of parity, was the one who initially struck, scoring the first three points through Smith’s foot. But Newcastle, without Mateo Carreras among the 23, gave a quick response and in less than half an hour of play they were 12-3 thanks to tries from McGuigan and Radwan. The locals settled in with the advantage and everything was heading towards a more controlled game. However, Beck’s conquest a minute into halftime gave life to Worcester, who at the beginning of the complement put his foot on the accelerator and took the lead with another try, this time from Hatherrell. Newcastle, with the urgency of the clock, attacked the end and five minutes turned history again with the conquest of Cooper. Everything seemed to indicate that the points were going to stay in Newcastle. But the locals could not withstand the final push from their rival, who managed to enter the ingoal for the last time, this time through Searle.


In a near-perfect match, Saracens easily edged the Sale Sharks 25-14 and moved up to second place in the tournament as Harlequins fell to the London Irish. Despite the fact that the match started very close, the local team was able to find their way around and reach the opposite goal thanks to tries by Vincent Koch, Sean Maitland and Max Malins. Saracens was managing the pace of the game, but the Sharks reacted and scored two wins within a short time of Ben Curry and Raffi Quirke. After that, Sale began to attack with everything but the London team held on to victory thanks to a great defense.