Fernando Tatis Jr. denies reports of motorcycle accident

The San Diego Padres star shortstop took advantage of an organized fan activity to address rumors of an alleged accident he had last week.

Last week the rumor that Fernando Tatis Jr. suffered an accident on a motorcycle worried Dominican baseball fans, although it was also reported that his injuries were minor and that he only had to go to the hospital to confirm that everything was fine.

This report was initially denied by his father, the leader of Eastern stars, Fernando Tatis, who indicated that it was all a minor fall while doing domestic tourism in the Dominican Republic.

“He is fine, in perfect condition. He hasn’t had to go anywhere and he’s here in the country (Dominican Republic)… it’s nothing to write home about, a simple fall, he scraped his knee and hands a bit, that’s it, “said the father of the star player. to the Dominican press, at the time of denying the reports of the alleged motorcycle accident.

In his statements, he confirmed that everything happened in San Pedro de Macorís last Sunday, December 5, and that, as a result of being outside the capital city, he did not have the opportunity to arrive in time to participate in the “Legends Day”Of Dominican baseball, a situation that, given the accident report and the unjustified absence (at that time) of the player, raised more concerns.

Tatis Jr. He spoke about the event publicly for the first time since it happened, during an activity for fans organized by the Reserve Bank of the Dominican Republic, an institution of which the player is a publicity figure.

When asked about the alleged accident, Fernando Tatis Jr. He kept his answers short and began by simply saying “no.”

“I had no accident. Nothing they posted happened. They were just people talking just to talk, without knowing what they are putting at risk, especially me as a person, “said the member of the Fathers to those present during a question session.